I purchased the aerospeed bx100 box fan May 17, 2012. On May 18,2012 ( less than 24 hrs.
after using this fan) My mobile home was destroyed by fire. This fan was the only electrical item being used in my bedroom ( which is were the fire started) other than my alarm clock. It was plugged in the same outlet my other fan had been plugged into for 2 months before I moved it to my living room. I had only had my home for 7 months prior.
I had a full electrical inspection done at time of purchase & all was fine. I had it rechecked post fire and nothing was wrong. I had two electricians chevk the fan. They both concluded thst the motor had seized up.
After finding several complaints on this product. 16 involving motors getting hot,melting, smoking etc. I determined mine was not an isolated case. I hired an attorney & I have filed suit against the manufacturer.
( CAMAIR ) This is still in the early stages, so a resolution as not been made. I am posting this complaint so that other consumers are aware that there IS a PROBLEM With this product. What concerns me is ...WHAT IF this fan was used in a child's room or by the elderly.
They may not have been LUCKY enough to get out alive. CAMAIR PLEASE take action to insure that others don't have this happen to them
Monetary Loss: $13500.